Week 2 – Discussion 1
ALL INFORMATION IS ATTACHED
PLEASE USE AS REFERENCE :
Clugston, R. W. (2014). Journey into literature (2nd ed.) [Electronic version]. Retrieved
All stories have a theme that forms the plot. Also, literary elements and techniques contribute to creating and highlighting the theme. Reflect on the theme and literary elements and techniques in the story you have chosen to read.
Your initial post should be at least 200 words in length. The minimum word count does not include references. In this discussion you will
- Describe the core conflict represented in the story.
- Describe the theme of the story.
- Select three literary elements/techniques in the story and describe them.
- Explain how the elements/techniques illustrate the theme and conflict expressed in the story.
- Incorporate readings found in Chapters 4 through 7 to help illustrate the points you make.