the maker of the world famous chocolate chip cookies needs to design a product layout for a new product, mint chocolate chip. the company plans to use this new production line eight hours a day in order to meet projected demand of 1,440 cases per day. the following table describes the tasks involved in the production of a mint chocolate chip cookie. Task Predecessor Time (seconds) U —– 4 V U 14 W V 12 X V 10 Y W 6 Z X,Y 8
1. Draw a predence diagram for the tasks listed above.
2. Without considering projected demands, what is the minimum possible cycle time for this production line?
3. For output to equal projected demand, what should be the actual cycle time for this production line?
4. For output equal projected demand, what is the minimum number of workstatsions needed?
5. For output to equal projected demand, what will be the effciency of the production line that uses the minimum number of workstations?