HEIU 201 Liberty University Chapter 6 Quiz
1. Plebeian concessions during the Struggle of the Orders included all of the following EXCEPT
2. The Romans treated the Italian peoples they conquered
3. After Carthage’s stunning victory at the battle of Cannae (216 B.C.)
4. The overseas expansion of Rome led to social and economic changes, which included
5. The influx of slaves into Italy in the first century B.C.
6. The most influential philosophy in Rome was
7. The Roman Republic was unable to meet the challenge of empire for all of the following reasons EXCEPT
8. Marius reflects the problems of the late Republic in that he
9. The assassination of Julius Caesar on March 15, 44 B.C.
10. Tiberius Gracchus made himself a spokesman for
11. The tension that erupted in the Struggle of the Orders stemmed from plebeian grievances including
12. Despite reforms made during the Struggle of the Orders, Rome remained an oligarchy because
13. The first stage of Roman expansion was the
14. War between Rome and Carthage began because Rome feared Carthage’s designs on
15. Between 205 B.C. and 148 B.C., Rome fount three wars against
16. Rome’s conquest of the Hellenistic world resulted in
17. Which of the following characterizations of the Republic’s administration of its provinces is NOT accurate?
18. Plautus (c. 254-184 B.C.) was one of Rome’s leading
19. The crisis of agriculture in the late Republic as a result of
20. The senate responded to the challenge posed by the Gracchi by