• Select any ONE (1) business ethical topic from the list below.
• Unethical management behaviour
• Sweatshop / Child Labour
• Harmful products
• Air pollution
• Water pollution
• Land pollution
• Large Scale Farming
• Convince the reader why it is so important that we should also care about the issue to the same extent.
• Describe the ethical dilemma, and use relevant examples, theories and perspectives to persuade the reader of the value of your argument.
• At least 20 references
2. Impact on Society (include examples & theories)
3. Ethical dilemma (include examples & theories)
• In-text citation and reference list a MUST(Refer to Harvard Referencing style for more details)
• NO wikipedia / baiduetc to be used for reference source
• This section is to be written last after the rest of the report is done
• This section should provide an overview / summary of what the whole report is about
• The reader should be able to get a good understanding what the rest of the report is about just by reading this section
2. Impact on Society
• This section is the heart of the report
• To prepare this section you should read in advance the lecture notes relating to your topic of choice – Refer to Session Plan / Session Guide for details
• This section covers the important issue eg. climate change and its impact on society eg. extreme weather conditions like extended winters, hurricanes and losses of lives and properties in millions
• How climate change may be linked to business like oil and gas, CO2 emission from vehicles
• Statistics, data, reports from reliable & reputable sources to be used to support impact and importance of issue.
Impact on Society
• For more meaningful discussion of an issue, it will be more efficient to research on a specific event / company / case eg. Deep Horizon oil rig explosion in Gulf of Mexico in 2010 and relate how this event has resulted in one of the worst oil leakage in history with the related environmental damages it has caused
• Choosing a single case / event / company allows researcher to do a more in-depth and richer analysis of the issue
3. Ethical dilemma
• This section is the link between theory and real world problem / issue discussed in previous section
• You need to identify and describe the following theories in relation to the problem / important issue discussed in the previous section
• The emphasis is on applying the appropriate theories to the problem / important issue in depth and discuss both sides of the issue that give raise to ethical dilemma
• Eg. overfishing can lead to future generation not having fish supply but current generation need fish as a source of food, thus giving resulting in ethical dilemma
• The purpose of this section is to describe what recommendations should also be put forward to deal with problem / issue.
• For recommendations to be credible, it is advisable to cite other successful measures taken by real world countries or business (eg. How Brazil has successfully reduce deforestations at both state and federal levels, how the country expanded its network of indigenous reserves and protected areas)
• The purpose of a conclusion is to tie together, or integrate the various issues, research, etc., covered in the body of the report and to make comments upon the meaning of all of it.
The conclusion should:
• be a logical ending to what has been previously been discussed.
• it must pull together all of the parts of your argument
• refer the reader back to the focus you have outlined in your introduction and to the central topic.
The conclusion should:
never contain any new information.
usually be only a paragraph in length,
This is your final statement about this topic; thus it can make a great impact on the reader.
The conclusion should NOT:
• just sum up
• end with a long quotation
• focus merely on a minor point in your argument
• introduce new material
Number of Words : 1750 Words/ 7 Pages
Referencing Style : Harvard
References : 20