A Quilt of A Country
A Quilt of a Country, by Anna Quindlen
Article found at this link:
1. What opposing viewpoint does Quindlen respond to in paragraph 3?
2. What counterargument does she offer to it? List the reasons and evidence she includes in her counterargument and evaluate if it is relevant and sufficient.
3. In paragraph 4, Quindlen uses repetition and parallelism. What sentence structure and words does she repeat?
4. What is the effect of this repetition? (What happens as a result?)
5. Quindlen uses many different types of evidence throughout the argument to support her claim, for example facts, statistics, and quotations. Identify at least three examples of evidence and evaluate how she uses each one to support her claim.